Thursday, September 13, 2012

We Are Getting Close!!!!

It's been a while since I posted, mainly because I haven't had enough information for a full post; but now lots of thing have happened and I have lots to report.

The mad scientist-Elvi David
fabricating some parts for my bike.
When I last posted I spoke about finally getting all the parts I needed, but not being quote sure how to put them all together.  That's where the Elvi came in.  Every few months or so the Elvi have a very informal moto-tech day to get together and work on their bikes.  They let me know about this and Bobby (the head Elvi) told me to come over and bring Bacon and my parts.  I was a little nervous as I didn't want to be the new guy showing up with a bike that was barely rolling and asking these guys to show me what to do next.  Bobby assured me that these guys would love to help and he wouldn't be surprised if I left that day with the bike running.

Elvi Clint working on Bacon
The moto-tech day was back in Denton at David's mad scientist lab, which I had been to get my fork only a few weeks before.  Sure enough I showed up with my bike and these guys swarmed like flies very eager to get me rolling and on the road.  We worked (I say we but it was many David and another fellow Elvi Clint) who did most of the work while I held the bike steady all afternoon and into the evening and while it wasn't 100% done it was darn close.  It turns out that I needed a few more parts to get it fully running.  I've included some other pictures of from the day and the bikes that were there at the bottom.

The parts came in and Clint who runs his own motorcycle repair business told me to come on over and sure enough this thing is up and running.

I've been riding it as much as I can to prepare for my first parade which will be the State Fair of Texas Parade in Dallas at noon on September 28th.

Now all I need is a jumpsuit...


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment